How to Open a WinRAR file | How to Open Compress file | Unzip a WinRAR file
Hello Friends! I hope you are doing well, May God Peace be upon you.
In this article, we will learn how to unzip a file in a simple way. An archive is simply one file that has other files compressed to reduce the overall size. If you still sigh when you receive another file in a ZIP, RAR, 7-Zip, or any other archive, then this article is for you.
The easiest way to unpack a zip archive:
ZIP archives are regular files with a “.zip” extension. You don’t need any programs to simply unzip files from ZIP, everything is already built into Windows 8/10/11 Explorer.
- It is enough to right-click on the file and select “Extract all …” from the menu.
2. In this case, a dialog box will appear where you will need to specify the path to unpack the files or leave it by default (current folder). As you can see, for example, I have a file “Checklist.zip” with an archived Word document.
3. If you leave the “Show extracted files” checkbox enabled, then at the end of the unzipping procedure, another explorer window will open with a new folder open. Or you can not unpack the files at all, but go into the archive as in a regular folder and open the desired file from there.
How to unpack a RAR archive:
Unfortunately, Explorer does not know how to work with RAR files. For them, you need to install one of the programs that will be discussed. The free 7-Zip program has long established itself as a simple and free archiver. Can unpack files 7z, zip, rar, and others.
The use of this program is very easy, just right-click on the file and select one of the items from the 7-Zip submenu:
- “Unpack” – to open the extract dialog
- “Unpack here” – to simply extract the files into the current directory
- “Unpack to” Folder name “– extract the files into a folder with the name of the archive (recommended)
Select Address in the Second step. If you choose the Extract option, then the following dialog will appear:
Here, we can specify our path for files. If you select the “No paths” option, then all files from the archive will be one heap, without subfolders. The “Overwrite” parameter is responsible for the mode of overwriting existing files. By default, the program will ask for each such file.
You can check out files not only from the right-click menu. If you double-click on the file, it will open in the 7-Zip program window. To unzip files, simply select them and click the “Extract” button.
Alternative free method – WinRAR Archiver:
I would also like to introduce you to one new program WinRAR Archiver. It’s even simpler, free, and has a modern interface. After its installation, new items also appear in the explorer context menu. To unpack a rar or zip archive, right-click on it and select one of the options:
- Extract files … – opens a dialog window
- Extract Here – extracts files to the current folder
- Extract to “Folder name” – unzips to a folder
By using these methods you can easily archive any file in a very simple and easy way.
So, you can extract files from the zip, rar, 7z archives using Windows Explorer (ZIP only) or using the free 7-Zip and Win RAR Archiver programs, as well as using the paid WinRAR program. Choose a method convenient for yourself and use it according to your need!
I hope You have learned Something from here